Welcome! Check out our Discord as well.

Hey from an old PGZ member

New to the forums? Or feel like welcoming new members? Post here!
InsaneNutter

Hey from an old PGZ member

Post by InsaneNutter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:23 am

Hey all,

I was a member on the PGZ / PGamers forum many years ago, I believe it could have been the first forum I joined thinking about it.

Having just got the internet for the first time back in the last 90s I started looking up Pokemon info and ended up at PGZ. I'd have probably only been around 12 back then so it seems a lifetime ago now.

MewGod recruted me back here after finding a post i'd replied to about nostalgic Pokemon sites over at Project Pokemon.

Interesting to see PGamers back after so long! I can't say I really remember many people from here now. I remember MewGod for his old rom / gameshark code site and someone called JoJo who i'd added on MSN and played Mario Kart Double Dash online with, back when Warp Pipe was a thing for the GameCube.

MewGod
Site Admin

Re: Hey from an old PGZ member

Post by MewGod » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:43 pm

So nice to see you here! Last night I finished creating the pgz style, so in the top-right corner you can change between the default pgamers style or pgz style :)

InsaneNutter

Post by InsaneNutter » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:24 am

Both styles look very faithful to the original and quite retro by today's standards.

Do you have any plans for PGamers?

MewGod
Site Admin

Post by MewGod » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:00 am

The plan Venosuke and I started out with is: making pgamers.net accessible again if/when old members randomly remember it and try out the domain. (like I did a week ago)

Long-term I would say it is still up in the air depending on who drops in and what the consensus is. Right now there are only two forums but we'd be happy to create more.

(also apologies for having to approve your post; I've disabled the forum setting and there should no longer be any post approval process)

EDIT: created a new forum for suggestions/feedback on PGamers - viewforum.php?f=21