Welcome! Check out our Discord as well.

That was random...

New to the forums? Or feel like welcoming new members? Post here!
VizualAbstract

That was random...

Post by VizualAbstract » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:20 pm

I was randomly thinking about old sites from back in the Fan-Site hayday, before Nintendo went nuts and started shutting them down. I distinctly remembered PGamers, though.

So, just for fun, I decided to type in pgamers.com but then, realized that was the wrong URL. So instead, I replaced .com with .net...

And boom! I literally yelled out "What the fu*k!" when I saw that iconic logo and the color scheme.

Anyways, I used to work on an old Digimon website back in the day, I think PGamers hosted it for a hot minute. It's how I first got into web development.

Anyways. This hit hard right in the nostalgia.

VizualAbstract

Re: That was random...

Post by VizualAbstract » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:28 pm

Oh man, I tried to get back to work but couldn't stop thinking about it. I believe I recall the following:

- My site was called DigiDimension.
- I believe I used to go by "Yokimato" back then (still a frequently used gamer tag).
- And I recall getting a shirt with the PGamers log on it.
- I wore it to a small event Nintendo had when it was about to debut the GameCube.

That must've been well over 20 years ago?

MewGod
Site Admin

Re: That was random...

Post by MewGod » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:34 am

Haha welcome home! Do you still have the shirt? :o

Feel free to join the Discord :) Quite a few of us are idling on it: https://discord.gg/uu8R5m9

These forums are here for anyone who randomly remembers PGamers and decides to try out the domain :D